Sunday, 27 January 2013

An Award - Again!

The Liebster Blog Award strikes again. This time I have been nominated by Shannon from The Adventures of a Teenaged Bookworm. Thank ye, fair childe.


The gist of this award thing is to socialize with other bloggers while having fun sharing dirty details about yourself. So, you accept the award from someone who nominated you and then in turn nominate some other people. First, you bare your soul by saying 10 things about yourself. Second, you answer the questionnaire designed by the FBI-posing-as-innocent-blogger. Third, you make up 10 questions for the people you will pass the disease along to.

So, let us jump right in then, shall we?
Take a glimpse at my first Liebster Award.

Ten things about me: 
1. I cannot cook to save my life.
2. I will never voluntarily dance.
3. I think winter is the shittiest thing ever invented.
4. I volunteer at the Toronto Humane Society.
5. I prefer to play games on the PC rather than on consoles.
6. I eat eggs for breakfast every single day.
7. I broke a glass bowl once and cried for hours afterwards.
8. I have never made my bed.
9. I do not work in an office, but I have an office chair.
10. I spin in my office chair when I am bored.

What was the best book you read as a child?
This question works under the assumption that I am not a child. I am a child at heart.

As a little me, I read a great many books. I must of had nothing else to do. I also had no friends since I was kept away from all the other children. I spent most of my time reading Goosebumps books, Babysitters' Club books,  Nancy Drew and  Hardy Boys. I read other books as well, of course.

Enid Blyton's Mr. Galliano's Circus  would be the best book in my opinion. It's sweet and light-hearted and everyone was happy, but it weirded me out for some reason.

What is your favourite food? 
Cookies and grilled cheese sandwiches. I could live on those things. I would wash it all down with a big glass of V8. The vegetable one, that is. None of that fruit fusion crap for me.

How long have you been blogging for? 
I have been blogging for a couple months shy of a year. The accuracy of this is blurry. The blog has been around for a little less than a year but I tend to forget that I have a blog sometimes.

What is a book that changed the way you view something? 
Well, different books have shed light on different things for me. Most of them are not very earth shattering revelations, but revelations nonetheless.

One book that immediately popped into my mind as soon as I read the question is Stephen King's Cujo.

That book taught me that dogs are terrifying creatures.

What has been a highlight of your blogging year?
Having my posts viewed by  a certain Anonymous a countless number of times.  It makes my heart warm knowing that I have such a dedicated reader.  I shed a tear at such loyalty.

God, I hate spam.

Who is your favourite YouTuber?
The youtuber, Uberhaxornova, is my favourite. He makes videos of himself playing various games. The videos are full of rampant madness and crude humour. I love them.

Honorable mention:
Pewdiepie. He also does game commentary videos, but his are mostly about horror games and include an awesome accent.

What book release of 2013 are you most looking forward to?
I am absolutely shivering in my boots with excitement for the latest Odd Thomas adventure. Odd Thomas is a character made by Dean Koontz and is the protagonist for a few books that detail his escapades and hilarious droll humour. I mentioned one of the books in the series in a post of my favourite books, but all of the books in the series are amazing.

The title of this anticipated book is Deeply Odd. From what I understand, it comes out in March.
What is your favourite movie?

I do not have a favourite movie, but if I really had to choose one to watch, it would be Constantine (starring Keanu Reeves). I tend to favour bloody horror movies though.

Honourable mention goes to:
Pirates of the Caribbean (all of them)

What's your favourite subject in school?
Computer Programming. I love programming. It's so... awesome. So awesome that I have nothing else to say about how much I love it.

Do you read more than one book at a time?
No, I do not. I read one book at a time. I would probably gets the plots of the books mixed up if I tried that. I already do that with some of the manga I read.

If they made a movie of your life, who would be cast as you and why?
A movie? About me? Aww shucks.

Then the role of me would have to be given to the fattest, fluffiest cat that can be found. It is not because I'm lazy (or fluffy), but because I think it would be awesome if I were a cat living the life I live and doing what I do. I basically eat, sleep, demand hugs and make my displeasure known with lots of yowling. Okay, I am lazy.

Ten Questions for the Infected
1.How are you today?
2.If you were given a potato, what would you do with it?
3.What are your thoughts on cotton candy?
4.What is your favourite holiday?
5.What do you do when you are at home and bored?
6. How many times can you do pushups?
7. Pens or pencils for taking notes at school?
8. If I asked you to draw an animal, what animal would you draw and would it actually look like that animal?
9. Is there a song that gets stuck in your head often? What is it?
10. What do you sing in the shower? Don't tell me you don't. I know you do.

The Infected
The Virgoan
Musings of a Penniless Writer
The Mind of Cody James
The Creative Forum

Just for fun. Anyone who wants to go ahead and answer my silly questions are free to do so. Make sure you give me the link to them and I will read it.

Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! This should be good! I'll send you the link once I'm done asking the infected questions! I shall complete this mission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I did it! It's available on my blog now! I sent you the link over on Google+. Check your notifications. I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the nomination. I've been nominated already and I've done my post for that. I really appreciate this :)

    ReplyDelete

Google+